Whowhatwear.com featured these lovely ladies with their beautiful braids this week! Wear them up on top of your head or down your back or to the side. I’m really love Olivia’s braid right now!
1. Model for the Viktor & Rolf show.
2. Miroslava Duma at the Valentino Show at Fashion Week.
3. Melanie Laurent at the Maxime Simoens Show at Fashion Week.
4. Rihanna with a gorgeous side braid in London.
5. Olivia Palermo in Hamberg with a beautiful, thick side braid.
6. A double crown braid on Nicole Richie at the Valentino Show.
*found at whowhatwear.com
BCBGMaxazria Blouse – revolveclothing.com
Aveda ‘Flax Sticks Daily Effects’ Brush Set – aveda.com
The 3 brushes that every makeup bag needs!
1. Eyes – to smooth pigment over lids
2. Brow and Lash – To fill in brows and comb and lengthen lashes
Steve Madden ‘Xternal’ Wedge – stevemadden.com
Capitana Cardigan – anthropologie.com
Coach Love (smells amazing! I think this might be my next perfume perchase!) – sephora.com
J.Crew Collection Appliqued Guipire Lace Dress – jcrew.com
‘Stay’ by Rihanna – been loving this song since the Grammys!
There are so many new trends from the runways for 2013. From bold prints to fun flats to funky sunglasses…which trends are you trying for 2013?
Kate Spade ‘Carolyn’ Striped Dress
Lanvin Dress with Ruffles
Helmet Lang Ember Blazer
Stuart Weitzman Studded Smoking Shoes
Alice + Olivia ‘Demi’ Drop Waist Dress
ASOS Premium Embellished Cat Eye Sunglasses
By Malene Birger Black Manlio Lace Skirt
Peter Jensen Loose Shorts with Contrast Check Cuff
*Found at LuckyMagazine.com
Here are some great beauty trends from New York Spring 2013 Fashion Week! These looks rocked the runways during the last week showing all of springs upcoming fashion trends, but why wait until Spring to start using these great ideas! I’m already excited for a few of them now! Maybe I’ll mix them into my fall look and save them in the “vault” for spring!
Bold Brows: Forget the tweezers, thick brows are here to stay.
Cotton Candy Colored Hair: When it’s time to pull out your spring sundresses, it’s time to put some fun colors in your hair to match!
*found at Luckymagazine.com
I love this editorial in SCMP.
Model: Natallia Krauchanka
Photographer: Nikolay Biryukov
I basically would love to own every single outfit, but I am dying over this first look, the shoes and blouse in the second, and the shoes and coat in the fifth. Which look would you choose?
Some of the styles above include:
ASOS Skater Dress With Embellishment
Lulu Frost Fin Necklace
ASOS Embellished Tank With Floral Beading
Rebecca Minkoff Ikat Mini Minaudiere
Matthew Williamson Feather Miniskirt with Tulle
Rachel Zoe Kate Lady Bag
Motel Faux Fur Jacket
Jean-Michel Cazabat Zelia Suede T Strap Pumps
Herve Leger Engineered Tubular Knit Skirt
Derek Lam Large Charley Satchel
Maison Scotch Fluoro Embroidered Top
Alice + Olivia Briar Pleated Bell Sleeve Top
ASOS Embellished Stone Floral Collar
Oasis Embellished Daisy Tank
Diane von Furstenberg Metallic Tube Skirt
ASOS Lace Jacket With Embellishment
Oasis Embellished T-Shirt
ADDISON Bell Sleeve Top
ASOS SIDNEY Point Court Shoes with Metal Toe Cap
Magazine: Amica Italy
Model: Kelsey Van Mook
I love this girl. So simple, but beautiful.
The Victoria Secret girls are known for having the best hair around. Flowing, soft curls, and volume…yes please!
Here are some tips on how to get the type of blowout that you see at the Victoria Secret Fashion show.
1. Condition first. Then Shampoo: Conditioner can weigh hair down, so if you want the bouncy hair you see supermodels with try shampooing second. It will leave texture in your hair and take out all the left over residue.
2. Coat damp hair with volumizer: Spray it directly onto your roots and then add some mouse to the rest of your hair.
3. Rough-dry: Don’t worry about blow drying so that your hair is completely smooth. If you want the extra volume, you need the “fluff”. Blow drying upside down also boosts volume. Shake out with your fingers.
4. Brush the top: That’s really the only part that people see…when hair is mostly dry, use a round brush to pull hair up and out. Even if you think your hair is completely dry, it probably isn’t, so keep going for a little bit longer than you think you should. (Style as desired-see below for tips)
Soft Curls – Warp thick sections of hair around a large barrel curling iron. Twist away from your face. Do this randomly throughout hair. The more curls you make, the bouncier hair will be. Try not to use styling sprays. They tend to weigh hair down and ruin the look.
Sexy Bun – Pull hair into a pony. Then massage the roots near the crown (so it is less severe). Twist and pin the ponytail into a bun.
Bedroom Waves – Curl hair as described above, but at the end flip your head over, shake out, and brush through for a tousled look.
If you want your hair to be thicker:
1. Take a vitamin that contains fish extracts or biotin. It will look healthier and help it grow.
2. Try getting a scalp treatment to stimulate the folicles.
3. You can even try extensions. Clip-ins can be removed and put in whenever you want the look. Salons can add a more permanent look, but can run fairly steep in price. (I personally love them for volume!)
*excerpts from Allure Magazine