OK…brain and body…remember this every time you want to take a nap or watch tv instead of go to the gym!
Day 27 – Monday Feb. 27 – Something you ate
Fortune cookie…let’s hope my fortune comes true 🙂
Day 28 – Tuesday Feb. 28 – Money
The winnings for the superbowl pools…no I’m not selling myself
Day 29 – Wednesday Feb. 29 – Something you’re listening to
Florence and the Machine…on repeat. Obsessed.
New List – MARCH PHOTOADAY
Day 1 – Thursday March 1 – Up
Getting toned up with Jillian…or trying
Day 2 – Friday March 2 – Fruit
Day 3 – Saturday March 3 – Your Neighborhood
Just for a little bit more – Pioneer
Day 4 – Sunday March 4 – Bedside
To my left – candle, water, photo, and my mug that holds my things
To my right – all of my books, read and yet to be read
Here goes another month… 🙂
Day 1- Wednesday Feb. 1 – Your View Today
View from my office at work…at least the mountains are pretty 🙂
Day 2 – Thursday Feb. 2 – Words
love this…want to get something like this for my house
Day 3 – Friday Feb. 3 – Hands
Crossing my fingers that I do well on my Ochem test.
Day 4 – Saturday Feb.4 – A stranger
Some bored boys…probably waiting for the girls to finish shopping. I know that’s what Jake was doing.
Day 5 – Sunday Feb. 5 – 10 a.m.
A little morning walk/job. I can’t believe the weather is this nice in February.
As part of my New Years Resolutions, I’m trying to work out regularly, but I’m also trying to focus on what I really want. I’ve always loved yoga, but recently I’ve found that it really helps me relax and let go of everything that stresses me out during that day. It might sound stupid, but I almost feel like its one of the only times that I literally have no thoughts in my head. Sometimes that is exactly what I need at the end of my day. It helps me realign my thoughts and be able to go home and focus on things that I need to get done, or work on, or people that I should spend my time with. It calms me. After a long day, calm is exactly what I need.
I highly suggest trying it to anyone that needs some relaxation. If you’re just doing it at home with a video or going to a class at a studio or a gym, I promise if you actually try and let yourself just go with it, you will thank yourself for doing it! At the same time, I feel like it does great things for my body. I always feel great after.
My goals are to get more flexible, to learn and hold more poses, and to keep an open mind so that I can continue to use it as a relaxation process, because I know I’m going to need it this year.
I feel like I’m constantly searching for more energy, especially around this busy time of year because so much is going on. Here are a few ways to help out!
– It’s the perfect jump start to your day. It boots your brain activity and metabolism. Studies show that working out before breakfast may burn more fat than exercising after you eat.
2. Eat Breakfast
– It will fuel your entire day. It starts your metabolism and keeps it going all day. Oatmeal with nuts and fruit or a scrambled egg with veggies are great combos – packed with protein and fiber to keep you full.
3. Try 5 Mini- Meals a Day
– To keep your metabolism going, opt for three balanced meals and two small snacks in between. Eat every 3 to 4 hours.
4. Drink Lots of Water
– Mild dehydration can lead to fatigue, so drink whenever you’re thirsty. It’s a sign your body needs more water.
5. Get the Right Vitamins
– Good nutrition can help beat fatigue. Get B12 from salmon or lean beef and B6 from bananas, turkey, chicken breast, whole grains, and tuna.
6. Sleep Enough
– You need 7 to 8 hours a night. To get the best rest, “create a routine”, avoid eating too close to bedtime, and wake up at the same time every morning.
7. Go Outside
-To fight an afternoon slump, take a fifteen minute walk after lunch. Exposure to bright light can increase alertness.
– Take a breathing break! Sit up straight in your chair, inhale for 4 counts, hold for 2, then exhale for 4 and hold for 2. Repeat 10 times. It will get your blood flowing.
– Up your mood by talking to friends or listening to your favorite music.
– Sniff an energizing scent. Jasmine, peppermint, and citrus are known to be great boosts!
* found in People StyleWatch Magazine
Dear Prince Harry,
I do not find you attractive. I’m not sure why everyone else keeps talking about you like it’s so great that you’re still single. “Don’t worry, Harry’s still single.” Gag me. You are a ginger and not cute.
Dear Anthropologie, Nordstrom, and Piperlime,
Please stop having sales. My checking account and credit card still have not recovered from New York back in March. Plus I’m going to be a starving student again soon. And I have a shopping addiction that I need to find some kind of solution for.
Please start growing. I wish you were long and flowy.
I’m sorry that one week I am so hard on you at the gym and wreck you on mountain bike rides, with tennis serves, and Lori’s power pump class in an effort to be more active, and then next I decide to be lazy and stuff you with all kinds of food. I will try to be more consistant all around.
Also on that note,
I’m going to try and visit you more. I’m kind of being a bad friend that lies and says I’m going to come visit you and then ditches you for my cooler friends, tv and bed. But I miss you and it’s summer, so we’re going to hang out more.
Dear Miranda Lambert,
If you were going to steal my boyfriend, Blake Shelton, at least you could have worn a cuter wedding dress. Usually I like you, but right now we’re fighting.
Dear Chedder-Jalapeno Cheetos,
Stop staring at me everytime I walk past you at the gas station. Yes, you are deliciously spicy and cheesy, but you also make my thighs jiggle and I do not have time for you right now. Plus you kind of look disgusting on paper.
Dear Weather in Utah,
I hate you. Period.
Dear Kelly Osbourne,
You are one lucky Biotch. I do not understand why you are on Fashion Police. You do not have cute style. Your hair is terrible. And you’re not very funny. How you got that job and have kept it I will never know.
You’re the worst part of my day. At some point in the day I get stuck somewhere on you and you make me late or it takes 4 times longer than it should for me to get somewhere. Really? I live in Utah, not Southern California. Can we please get this construction sped up a little bit? Thanks.