Here are a few tips for how to keep your hair under control this summer. Between chlorine, sun, and constant heat it’s hard to keep it healthy, so I thought I would share a few of my favorite products and ideas for how to keep it shiny and healthy.
– Your hair is just going to be a little bit harder to control. Acceptance is the first step.
– Become friends with shine spray.You can spray straight onto your hair (make sure you hold it far enough away or it will make your hair look greasy!), or I like to spray onto my hands and smooth into my hair.
These are my two favorites right now:
So Sexy ‘Smooth and Glossy Shine Serum’ – victoriassecret.com
It’s a 10 Miracle Shine Spray – target.com
You can also just use an argan oil as well…my favorite is Josie Maran’s Hair serum, but she also has a regular argan oil that you can use for your cuticles, skin, lips, hair, etc! So you might want to try her regular one as well!
Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum – sephora.com
– If you can’t stand frizz, brush and touch your hair as little as possible. Once you get out of the shower don’t rub your hair with your towel…blot it dry. Brush as little as possible. You can air dry and curl define it with your fingers. If you have to blow dry and round brush will help smooth down the frizz.
– Salt Spray is also a great summer hair “accessory”. Especially if your hair is very straight. Salt creates a good texture. You know how your hair looks after getting out of the ocean! Just make sure to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner because it does tend to dry your hair out.
You can just get a spray bottom and add salt to water, but I love Bumble and Bumble’s salt spray. It smells better.
Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray – sephora.com
– We love summer beachy waves! Just don’t over think them! During the winter I love to lightly curl my hair for beachy waves, and I will still do this during the summer, but I don’t like to pay attention to them as much. I like them to be more messy. So I either do different sized chunks of curls or some loose and some tighter. But you can also do this without blow-drying. When your hair is damp, put in some texture or shine spray and wrap your hair either in a loose bun on top of your head, or put it in a loose braid. Then sleep on it. Take it out in the morning and you’ll have fun textured mermaid waves!
– Invest in a good leave-in conditioner/detangler. With all of the swimming/hiking/outdoorsyness you will be participating in, you are bound to get tangles.
Again I’m recommending the It’s a 10 brand…It smells great and it’s not too expensive. Plus I feel like this one leaves you with a little bit of shine as well.
It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In Conditioner – target.com
Beauty Protector ‘Protect and Detangle’ – birchbox.com
Sign up for Birchbox here and get your sample box every month for only $10, plus discounts on products, etc! It’s my favorite thing!
– Moisture, Moisture, Moisutre! Your hair is going to get dried out. Make sure to either get a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner or do a hair mask every week or two.
Two great masks are:
Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask – folica.com
Amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask – birchbox.com