A couple weekends ago, we went for a hike up to Stewart Falls, just above Sundance. I think it is one of the prettiest hikes. (see for yourself below!) I love the waterfall! It’s also a pretty good workout too.
I love these bracelets from Kelly Killoren Bensimon’s Shop at Opensky.com. They’re so fun and bright!
Vanessa Mooney Bead It Bracelet
Nakamol Diamond Shape Beaded Bracelet
Blue Multi Depyc Woven Friendship Bracelet
Yellow Multi Depyc Woven Friendship Bracelet
I think this video is so funny! I love the ManRepeller. I follow her blog and she is hilarious. Plus you all know that I love Rebecca Minkoff too. They shot this while getting ready for an awards show the other day!
Have a laugh and enjoy!
Light mints, sweet melons, and cool creams seem to be designed after a box of tasty macaroons. Yum yum. These lovely designs make me feel like grabbing a box of them, and strolling under the Eiffel Tower with a little lace parasol. These sweet candy looks and pouffy cotton candy effects deliver such a girlish vibe, that is quite refreshing! I love it!
1. H&M Cotton Polyester Lace Shorts – H&M Stores
2. Nine West ‘Topshoe’ – ninewest.com
3. Nina Ricci Leather and Silk Pumps – Iris NYC
4. Tibi Relaxed Jersey Dress – tibi.com
5. Alexander McQuenn Lace Knuckle-Clasp Clutch – bergdorfgoodman.com
6. Rare Chiffon Garden Floral Frill Shorts – asos.com
7. Banana Republic Allover Lace Shell – bananarepublic.com
8. J.Crew Raindrop Lace Top – jcrew.com
9. J.Crew Crystal Venus Flytrap Necklace – jcrew.com
10. Ann Taylor Petal Top – anntaylor.com
11. Rose Bracelet – pinterest
12. Louis Vuitton Silk and Ostrich Feather Dress
I got bored of doing the regular Photoaday’s so I thought I would just put together some of my photos from what I have been doing lately and things I thought were worth taking pictures of. So here is my life!
A pretty sunset driving home the other day.
Zebras and sparkles (both from Forever 21)
I was having a horrible day at work and the girls went and got me these gorgeous flowers! They made my office smell amazing! Check out of the picture below to see them blooming the day after!
Going to a baby shower…hearts! (From Piperlime)
Going on a little run. I’m always getting teased for matching, but I don’t care! #atleastiwontgethitbyacar (Shorts – Old Navy, Shoes – Nike)
My friend, Kandace, posted this on Instagram the other day and I’m still heartbroken over it! Gossip Girl’s last season! What am I going to do with my life! Where am I going to get fashion inspiration and what am I going to blog about? haha I sound so pathetic, but it’s my favorite thing!
*follow me on instagram @kristinrosedavis
1. Transform Your Strands with Dry Shampoo – Whether you want to boost volume, revive a blowout, or add tousled texture, dry shampoo is your answer! Avoid spraying too much product in one spot by spritzing it at an arm’s length from hair.
2. Repair Damaged Hair While you Sleep – Apply a pre-shampoo oil treatment to dry hair right before bed once a week, mainly to the ends of hair. It revitalizes strands that are fried from heat or bleaching. Rinse in the morning, then shampoo and condition. After a month, you’ll start to see softer, healthier hair! (Try Phyto Phytonectar Pre-Shampoo Ultra Nourishing Oil Treatment)
3. Use Cold to Boost Shine – Rinse hair with cold water after you condition. Also, at the end of your blow-dry, hit the cold button on your dryer and run through hair for 30 seconds. It will leave hair with a glossy finish.
4. Hide Split Ends Fast – A flatiron or curling iron will help to seal them temporarily. When the cuticles are flat, the hair reflects more light, so it creates the illusion of shinier, healthier strands.
5. Wash Your Way to Bouncy Curls – Don’t rough up curls by piling them on top of your head when you shampoo. Instead, massage the shampoo from roots to the ends, keeping your hair in the same direction that you wear your part. when rinsing, cup the ends in your hands to prevent water pressure from breaking up curls.
6. Create A Clarifying Rinse – Make your own clarifying rinse by adding a few ounces of apple cider vinegar to your regular shampoo. It helps to breakdown residue and leaves super shiny hair.
7. Prevent Frizz with Paper Towels – When you get out of the shower, scrunch out excess water, then repeat using a few sheets of absorbent paper towels. Cloth towels can rough up cuticles and cause frizz.
8. Mix Products Like a Pro – Use these simple recipes for waves, volume, and more! (From celeb stylist Marcus Francis)
Hair Oil + Wave Spray = Glossy Beachy Waves (Apply hair oil to the bottom half of hair. Spritz from roots to ends with wave spray. Finish by drying with diffuser.)
Thickening Spray + Mousse = Sexy Volume (Start by applying a thickening spray to roots, then blow-drying hair until it’s slightly damp. Work mousse from roots to ends, then finish drying.)
Smoothing Balm + Pomade = Perfect Piecey-Ness (To give cropped cuts a flattering shape, first apply smoothing balm for definition. Then rough hair up a bit by using pomade on small sections and twisting them.)
9. Smooth Strands With Clear Mascara – Just swipe it across your hairline to keep flyaways in place and give your do a polished look. Clear mascara also helps thicken strands to give a little lift at your roots.
10. Make Bobby Pins Stay Put – Just crisscross two of them, one over the other. They’ll never slide around in your hair again!
11. Apply a Clear Gloss For Incredible Shine – It will leave you will ultra glossy, vibrant strands. It only takes 30 minutes to apply and will last for up to eight shampoos. (Try Clear Gloss Clairol Professional Jazzing hair color in Clear $5.99 at Sally’s Beauty Stores or online)
12. Use the Pros’ Fave Hair Tools – These high quality tools will help you get just the style you want!
– FHI Heat Flatiron
– T3 Blow-Dryer
– Ibiza Round Brush
– Hot Tools Curling Iron
Whitney Port has one of my favorite heads of hair in Hollywood!
*tips from People StyleWatch Magazine
I bought these pants a couple months ago because I thought they were so fun and comfy, but then I got super nervous to wear them because the harem pant trend scared me! I thought these ones were great, because they aren’t too baggy and the print is not out of control, plus getting them at Forever 21 you’re never spending too much money. I think that certain styles of them are adorable, but some of them are hideous and I definitely think it depends on how you wear them. So I went the safe route and just wore them with a plain tee. How do you think I did? I got the approval from my trusted style friend, but I thought I would reach out to my readers! yay or nay?!?
I think I like them a lot! I hope I’m not wrong!
Pants – Forever 21; Shirt – Urban Outfitters Tee; Shoes – Sam Edelman; Watch – Michael Kors; Necklace – J.Crew Elephant Critter; Bracelet – Forever 21; Earrings – American Eagle
In honor of June and it finally being hot, I thought I would post some of my favorite songs to kick start the summer! I have severely been slacking in the music department on the blog! SORRY!!!
1. Drunk on You – Luke Bryan
2. Springsteen – Eric Church
3. Shake it Out – Florence + the Machine
4. Princess of China – Rihanna and Coldplay
5. Wild Ones – Flo Rida
6. Lights – Ellie Goulding
7. Part of Me – Katy Perry
8. We are Young – Fun
9. Talk that Talk – Rihanna
10. She Will – Lil’ Wayne
11. Drink of It – Blake Shelton
12. Give Your Heart a Break – Demi Lovato
13. Fireball – Dev
14. Home – Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
15. Somebody the I Used to Know – Gotye
16. Fly Over States – Jason Aldean
17. Here We Go – Joshua Radin
18. Strange Clouds – B.O.B.
19. Drive By – Train
20. Wide Awake – Katy Perry
21. Rabbit Heart – Florence + the Machine
22. Little Lion Man – Mumford & Sons
23. Starships – Nicki Minaj
24. Fastest Girl in Town – Miranda Lambert
25. Brokcnhearted – Karmin
I’m seriously in love with Luke Bryan’s new songs right now and his voice…that’s why he is number one on the playlist right now…but he’s competing with Florence still because at some point in the day I listen to her…you can bet on that.