So since I only had 6 months for my 25 list, there’s a lot of things I didn’t finish…well, I didn’t expect to do ALL of them anyway, but here are the ones I did get done.
2. I kind of have a bike…it’s at home in my parents garage, but I have to go pick it up. So this one is only like halfway. Ok, not really.
5. Bought a new comforter.
8. Finished my Sex in the City DVD collection.
12. Learn to golf – I did take a lesson…does that count?
14. I did clean out the boxes under my bed.
22. I built that jewelry board, but is that a piece of furniture? I kind of think it counts.
Looks like I have some things to work on…Let’s make things happen this year.
1. run a half marathon.
2. buy a bicycle or pick up the one at my parents in California.
either a road bike or just a beach cruiser. i just want a bike and i’m going to get one.
3. finish all of my applications and get into nursing school.
(basically done with the apps at least)
4. go to three cities I’ve never been.
(outside of utah)
5. I want to do a triathlon. (part of why I need a bike…not the cruiser.)
6. re-organize and clean out my itunes.
7. decorate my living room. (halfway there)
8. start my savings account…yeah I know. I’m 26 and I don’t have one.
9. read three “meaningful” books.
-1 true story
-1 historical book
10. start my journal again
11. learn to cook something new every month.
12. watch friday night lights (the tv show)…i’ve heard it’s fantastic.
13. go to boston.
last year I wanted to go to boston to visit my friend Jenn, but she moved so…
14. go to NYC to visit Jenn. I love NYC.
15. pay off my credit card.
16. swim with a dolphin.
17. go to costa rica.
18. go to three concerts of bands/people i have never seen before.
19. learn to country dance.
20. see a baseball game in a stadium other than angels stadium.
(or dodgers or padres)
21. do a mud run.
22. buy a dining room table.
23. go to a fashion show.
24. buy a pair of christian louboutin heels.
25. make a scrapbook.
26. make a piece of clothing i would actually wear in public. (a halloween costume doesn’t count)
(some birthday cards I received in the mail)
Today is my 26th birthday.
Let’s be honest, when you get older, birthdays just aren’t as much fun.
I went to work, stayed late, went home, fell asleep watching law and order: svu (that’s routine)…woke up, watched some more svu while blogging (don’t worry, I have at least ten to twenty episodes dvr’d at all times), will probably go indulge myself with a bubble bath at least, and then read until I fall asleep.
I’m only 26…when did I get so boring?
However, when talking to a friend today, we’ve come to the conclusion…sometimes it’s just so much easier to be older. Being young is hard. You have to try way too hard! haha. I still have fun ok! I just like being simple sometimes 🙂
But I did have a very nice day. I had sooo many friends call, text, or send me facebook messages. Even a simple happy birthday on facebook means a lot. It just means that they decided it was worth it to take the time to write a little note, and that’s nice. My friend, Myleka, went and got me lunch since I couldn’t take a break, and Annie and Christie brought me this fantastic cupcake from Dippidee. Brian bought me some Reese’s :). So I’m glad I have good friends at work that made my day better.
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and little things that you did for me! Can’t wait to see what this year brings me!
And yes, I did skip the gym…:)
I’ve had my blog for a little over a year now, but I’ve never fully introduced myself. For one of my classes I have to do a project where I have to, so I thought I would combine my blog and my project. This is the first of a few posts that will be related to my project that talks about who I am, why I am who I am, and where I am going with my life. That’s pretty much what my blog is about anyway, so sorry if this is boring, but it’s me!
Anyway, here are a few tidbits about myself!
– My full name is Kristin Rose Davis. My middle name is from my mom’s name, Rosemary.
– My birthday is March 27, which happens to be tomorrow…big 26 🙂
– My favorite color is green.
– I LOVE shoes and fashion…bet you couldn’t tell from reading my blog could you?
– I love to read books.
– I also love movies. (I like to read the book and then watch the movie)
– I grew up dancing, mostly ballet, but I did all kinds. I started when I was 3 years old.
– I’m a water person…I love to be anywhere near water and sun.
– I would live in a bathing suit if I could.
– I’m a sucker for crime shows on tv. SVU, CSI…you name it.
– I’m trying to go to nursing school. Almost my whole family has a medical or dental background, so that’s probably where it comes from.
– I love sushi! I could eat it everyday.
– I’m a shopaholic. It really is a problem…like not even borderline. Whoops.
– My favorite stores to shop at are Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, and J.Crew.
– I’m OCD. It’s weird.
– I love all kinds of music! Right now you can probably catch me listening to Rihanna, Florence and the Machine, or anything country.
– I’m obsessed with Gossip Girl.
– I love to go on trips. But I really want to go to Italy, Greece, and Costa Rica.
– I love boating in the summer so much! I need to win a boat or something because we all know I will never save enough money to buy one myself.
– I love a good steak.
– I’m kind of a foodie. I love to try new places and I love all kinds of food.
– I have two little brothers that I miss all the time because they live in California.
– O yeah, that’s where I am from! I was born in Southern California and lived there until I was 18 when I went to college.
– I graduated from Brigham Young University in 2008 in Exercise Science.
– I’ve lived in Utah for almost 8 years now.
– I really really hate the cold. 8 years, and still not used to it.
– I have a slight problem with nail polish. I LOVE to paint my nails and I cannot stop buying more and more colors!
– I would die if I could move to New York City…I love it there.
– My dream job would be to be a country singer…big hair and all…I would be the next Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert.
– But let’s get real…my real dream job would be to be an interior designer or a party planner. Or a heart surgeon, but I’m pretty sure I’m not up for 7 more years of school. I’ll do a couple more and be a nurse practitioner 🙂
“The sky pattern in March will be no less than breathtaking, with almost all planets in rare harmony. The full moon on the 8th will spotlight you talents as you finish a major work project, and a certain VIP will take notice. At the alignment of Jupiter and Pluto on the 12th, you’ll be in an enviable position to win a coveted career prize. But be sure to have all your biggest moves in motion, for Mercury will retrograde on the 12th until April 4th, so process could slow. The new moon on the 22nd brings more good news, as four plants in Aries give you rare control over nearly every part of your life. Your verve, courage, and drive will attract many admirers, personally and professionally, and a fierce need for autonomy and freedom will set you on a mission for edifying exploration. Once on this path you’ll know exactly in which direction to take the next chapter of your life.”
What do Florence Welch, The Olsen Twins, Lady Gaga, Lauren Conrad and I have in common?
We’re all the same age!
Weird I know.
So I was reading in Glamour Magazine recently and came across a little thing about 25 year olds. And yes, for one more day that includes me. I thought it was interesting because some of them look so much older than they are (Florence and Lady Gaga) and some of them play high schoolers that are 10 years younger than they actually are.
So for your entertainment, here is a list of celebrities that are 25 as of 2011.
Lauren Conrad – she did turn 26 in Feb, but I figured it was close enough
Lady Gaga – her bday is the day after mine…so weird that I am older than Lady Gaga (by one day anyway)